Active, committed members are an integral part of a Rotary club. The Rotary Club of Stockholm International (RCSI) continually seeks accomplished individuals who represent the community’s business, vocational, professional and artistic interests.
Membership of Rotary Club of Stockholm International , as with any Rotary club, has its requirements, responsibilities and benefits.
The first step towards becoming a member begins when you visit one of our weekly meetings as our guest. By attending a few of our meetings we’ll be able to tell you more about Rotary in general and our club in particular. You’ll also get the chance to get to know some of our members and we will get the opportunity to get to know you. If after a few visits to our club you feel you would like to apply for membership you will first need to approach one of our members and ask if they would be willing to propose you.
- Attend up to three (3) meetings to learn about the club and then complete and submit a membership application form by clicking HERE
- SIRC Board reviews your application at their next monthly meeting and shortly afterwards lets you know their decision as well as the date you will be inducted into the club.
- Following induction you will become an associate member for 3 months. If during this period you fulfil our attendance requirements and expectations below you will automatically become a full member of RCSI.
Membership Responsibilities and Expectations
- Pay your annual membership fees promptly
- Attend at least 50% of weekly club meetings during your first 3 months and thereafter at least 25%. Rotarians may also pay visits to other clubs nationally & abroad or attend one of several online Rotary E-club meetings in order to fulfil our attendance requirements;
- Take on at least one club activity that might be offered to you. We do all we can to find activities for you to do that fit in with your availability. By taking on an activity, however small, you demonstrate to us that you are willing to offer service to Rotary as per our motto ‘Service above Self’.
Find out more by taking a look at the Rotary International website.
New members pay a one-time fee: SEK 300
Annual Dues, prorated on a quarterly basis: SEK 1200
Dues support the administration of Rotary International, the Rotary District to which the club belongs, the expenses of our own club, and the club’s community service efforts.